Globe Upgrade Policies by Manufacturer
Ordering a replacement ball or stand for a Replogle® globe.
Replogle wants to help you keep your globe as up-to-date and accurate as the day you bought it. Current Replogle globe owners can obtain an updated replacement globe ball through Replogle’s Updatable Globe Program. (Those globes that are permanently attached to the meridian ring require replacement of both the globe ball and the meridian ring.) Replogle’s Updatable Globe Program is available to Replogle customers in the USA and Canada. As an authorized Replogle Globe dealer, World Globe Universe can assist you in securing the correct replacement for your Replogle Globe.
Before you contact World Globe Universe customer support, you will need to assemble specific information to enable our globe experts to identify the correct replacement globe.
- Confirm that your globe ball is a Replogle product by checking the crest located on the map in the Pacific Ocean above Hawaii. Record the information inside the crest or if you prefer, provide a digital picture of the crest.
- Confirm that your globe is no more than 10 years* old. For help dating your globe ball, go to the Dating your Globe page located within the Globe University of the WorldGlobeU.com site.
- Note whether your globe is press craft (paper) or vinyl (plastic) construction.
- Note any special features of your globe, such as illumination or raised relief.
- Provide the diameter of your globe ball. Replogle offer replacements for 9”, 12”, 16”, 20”, and 32” globe balls. To determine the diameter of your globe, measure the circumference of your globe at the equator. Record the circumference measurement in inches and divide the number by 3.1416 to calculate the globe diameter in inches.
- Provide at least two digital photos of your globe. The first required picture should show your globe mounted in its stand. The second required picture should be a close-up of the South Pole. The image of the South Pole should be taken looking end on at the globe so as to show the globe mount. The optional third picture showing an end on view of the North Pole can assist in identifying the correct replacement globe.
- E-mail your request, containing the information and photos specified, to World Globe Universe customer support. Be sure to include your name, a daytime phone number, and the physical delivery address to which the replacement globe will be shipping. World Globe Universe Customer Service will acknowledge your e-mail within 2 business days.
*Although Replogle Globes does not guarantee availability of replacement globes beyond 10 years from the date of manufacture, it is often times possible to find a replacement globe that is compatible with globes that are more than 10 years old.
Individual parts, such as the stand, are available for Replogle products as well. Please be aware that all parts sales are final. Since parts cannot be returned, World Globe Universe encourages you to make sure the information you provide is complete and accurate. This will make it possible for World Globe Universe to ensure that Replogle provides, and you receive, the correct parts for your specific world globe.
World Globe Universe will be happy to provide price quotes on replacement globe balls, and/or parts, but we must have all the above information in order to do so. In some instances it may be necessary to obtain additional information and/or pictures to identify the correct replacement for your globe.
Replogle Globes Inc. disclaimer:
reserves the right to discontinue any product. Obsolete or discontinued globe balls may be unavailable and may be replaced by a substitute. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Ordering a replacement ball for a Cram® Globe
With the closure of Cram Globes in January of 2012, the Cram Globe upgrade program was discontinued.